External Military Scholarships
Many organizations offer scholarships to assist veterans and their families with the cost of college. Explore the links below to learn more.
- Allied Military Scholarship
- Army Scholarship Foundation
- Council of College and Military Educators
- Grants for Military
- Help-A-Hero Scholarship (Veterans of Foreign Wars)
- HotelPlanner Tech scholarship
- Operation Education: Helps Injured Vets Reach Their Goals
- Paralyzed Veterans’ Educational Scholarship Program
- Pat Tillman Foundation
- Purple Heart Scholarship
- Scholarships and Financial Aid for Military and Veterans (via affordablecolleges.com)
- Scholarships Specific to Engineering Programs
- Special Operations Warrior Foundation
- Spouse scholarship
- Student Veterans of America
- ThanksUSA (under spouse and dependent children)
- The American Legion
- Wells Fargo Scholarships
- Education Connection
- Trade and Nursing Scholarships for Veterans
Surviving Spouse or Child
- Fisher House-Heroes Legacy (deceased or disabled)
- Freedom Alliance (children of a deceased or disabled veteran)
- Humble Heroes
- National Military Family Association
- Paralyzed Veterans’ Educational Scholarship Program (spouse or dependent)
- Veterans United Foundation Scholarship
- Trade and Nursing Scholarships for Military Families
Additional Scholarships, Grants, and Loans
For more information on tuition assistance and grant programs, visit the Air Force Aid Society’s website.
For more information on loans and grants, visit the Coast Guard Mutual Assistance’s website.
There is a scholarship at every commissary just waiting for students to apply. For more information, visit the Defense Commissary Agency’s website.
If either or both of your parents are an active, deceased or honorably discharged Marine, the foundation might have you covered. For more information, visit the Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation’s website.
Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society Sailors, Marines, and their family members can apply for scholarships and no-interest loans. For more information, visit the Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society’s website.
If you or anyone in your family is a member of the Naval Special Warfare community, you could be eligible for a grant. For more information, visit the Navy SEAL Foundation’s website.
The Folded Flag Foundation offers scholarships and educational support grants to the spouses and children of the United States military and government personnel who died as a result of hostile action or in an accident related to U.S. combat operations. For more information, visit the Folded Flag Foundation’s website.
For more information on external STEM scholarships and grants, view this guide. Please note scholarship requirements vary by sponsor.
Google offers this scholarship to veterans majoring in computer science or computer engineering in the United States. Undergraduate and graduate students may apply. Applicants must maintain strong academic performance. Students must submit proof of veteran status with an honorable discharge or good standing with their service branch. For more information, visit the Build your future with Google website.