International Payments via Flywire
Johns Hopkins University has partnered with Flywire to provide our international students with a trusted, secure, and convenient payment method.
Why Use Flywire?
In addition to the many benefits that our international payment vendors provide, with Flywire, you can
- Take advantage of Flywire’s Best Price Guarantee for local bank transfers.
- Access around-the-clock multilingual support from the Flywire Help Center via email, phone, or live chat.
How to Make an International Payment Via Flywire
1. Get ready
- Determine how much you are going to pay to your student account
- Your account balance can be viewed from the ‘Billing’ tab in SIS Self-Service
- Enable pop-ups in your computer’s browser
- If pop-ups are blocked, you may not be able to see the payment instructions at the end, so be sure to elect to have a copy sent to your email address
2. Begin your payment by either
- Visiting Flywire directly at jhu.flywire.com (jump to step 6) or
- Logging into SIS Self-Service (continue to step 3)
3. On the Billing tab, select Summary
4. Locate your Current Balance
5. Locate the ‘Make International Payment via Flywire’ Link within the Payment Methods Box
6. Select your country and enter the amount you wish to pay, then click Next
7. Select your preferred payment method
- Depending on your country, you will see various payment methods including bank transfer, credit card, Alipay, and more
8. Fill in all required payer information fields noted with an asterisk (*).
- On this page you can elect to receive payment statuses via text notification-optional
- Click the box regarding terms and conditions – required
- Click Next once you are ready to proceed to the next page
- You will be prompted to enter the student’s information on the next page
9. Enter the student’s information
10. Review and confirm your payment information, then select PAY
11. Review the payment details once more and click PAY
This page also allows the user to:
- Save the payment method to the Flywire account
- Edit the payment details
- Edit payment method
- Sign up for text alerts
- Download a payment receipt
- Share the payment details with someone
- Track the status of the payment
12. Track your payment
- At this point, your payment has been sent to Flywire.
- Once your payment is received, Flywire will process your payment and send it to Johns Hopkins University along with your information for easy posting.
- You can track your payment with the tracking link provided via email or SMS, or create a Flywire user account to view your payment record anytime by logging in.